Followers

Monday 11 April 2011

That's Life.

I have a letter in That's Life.  It's on the page with You've got Mail on top, near the back.  It's a story about a dog, or a man being mistaken for a dog.  They've called it Tea Rex.  Marc Bolan and T.Rex happens to be some of my favourite music, so I'm thrilled about them calling it that. 

That's Life.

I only sent it in a month ago, they told me they'd let me know if they use it.  They didn't let me know, but a cheque for £20.00 arrived on Saturday, so how great is that?

Keep sending out letters, it's a good way to keep practicing the writing, and earn a few quid at the same time.  Great thing about That's Life is, you can email the letter in, therefore saving on postage and envelopes.

Here's the chap who inspired this story, it is true, but a different dog.

Would you like a cup of Tea Rex?

12 comments:

  1. Well done, Suzy. You're right about sending out letters and smaller pieces. I had a 'my favourite book' review published in this month's Take a Break Fiction Feast - thought I might as well try and got the reply right away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. Lovely photo of the doggie. We have a golden retriever too, Harvey age 7.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your letter!

    (That dog looks sad, but then that kind always do. I think it's the eyebrows).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rosemary,
    Good news on your book review. I think those smaller pieces keep us thinking of ideas don't they. I am aiming for stories of course. Haven't quite found the magic ingredient yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Joanne,
    That dog belonged to a cafe where we stopped for coffee. He was going round all the customers begging for food. Cute isn't he?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Frances,
    He was sad because we didn't give him any of our mars bars when we stopped for coffee and chocolate. He belongs to a cafe by the sea in Devon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done for getting your letter in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done Suzy. In view of the dwindling fiction market perhaps we should all be doing more letter writing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree Gail, and book reviews as Rosemary has done, also articles or funny snippets. In fact, word for word, letters and reviews pay better.

    ReplyDelete